Contact

You can always feel free to contact me at jlballejos@interact.ccsd.net or 799-5930

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nice to meet you!

Dear Parents or Guardians,


Welcome to Pat Diskin Elementary School! My name is Mrs. Ballejos and I am very excited to begin another fun filled school year. This is my ninth year teaching and my sixth year as a kindergarten teacher. I have a great passion for teaching and have known that I wanted to be a teacher since I was seven years old. As a child I would spend many hours in our playroom where I had my own little pretend classroom set up. “Playing school” was one of my very favorite things!

I was born and raised in Las Vegas. I graduated from Clark High School and then went on to complete my education degree at UNLV. I have been married for six years, have a three year old son, and we are expecting our second child this spring. I enjoy gardening, being in the outdoors, traveling, and spending time with family.

My philosophy of education is that all children are learners. I believe all students have a gift. It is my job to find that gift and nurture it. I intend to challenge each child and encourage them to be active problem solvers. It is important to me that each child feels successful everyday. We will be very busy, using different learning styles to discover new and exciting things. For your children to be successful learners, parents and teachers need to work together as a team. By focusing on our school motto, “Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships” we will be able to make some great accomplishments this year.

Please do not hesitate to either talk with me before or after school, call or e-mail me with any questions or concerns that you may have. I will be more than happy to receive your calls at 799-5930 or you can e-mail me at jlballejos@interact.ccsd.net.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Ballejos

No comments:

Post a Comment